All right, the summer is (almost) over, so I thought I’d check in on my public to-do list and see how I fared.
(Making my goals public is a great way of forcing me to actually, you know, *do* them.)
- One blog post a week – If you’ve been following the blog, then you know I managed this – even finding time to run the super-successful Logline Critique (thank you again to everyone who participated and made it such a great event). Not only that, but I already have my post topics for the next few weeks. Yay!
- Rejoin my online crit group – Sadly, I did not get around to this. Summer filled up fast, and entertaining the kids took more work than expected. But I’m hoping to get back in the critiquing swing after Halloween – even better, I’ll get to meet a few of my online crit group members at the CANSCAIP PYI conference in November!
- Expand my social media presence – Another yes! I was pretty regular on Twitter over the summer, and exceeded my goal by about 90 followers. (Woohoo! Big thanks if you’re one of my new followers – if not, what are you waiting for? Come join the fun at @k_callard.) I’m also pretty sure I managed at least one post a week on other people’s blogs (although I didn’t keep precise track).
- Start revising my YA – I managed to get about one third of the way through the ms with the major crits I’ve been working on, but then another project jumped in and took over, so the rest is going to have to wait until after Halloween.
- Write at least 1 new PB – Believe it or not, I actually managed this one right at the stat of the summer (thanks to my awesome mother-in-law’s child-entertaining services). Of course I haven’t had a chance to tackle revisions, or write (or even come up) any others, but I *did* get the one done…
So, four out of five isn’t too shabby. What about you? Did you manage to complete your summer goals? Let me know in the comments.