I know, I know, nobody likes rules, so I’ll try to keep this short and sweet.
- If you have a logline up for critique, spread the love: please critique at least 5 other loglines.
- Please use a name to critique. It can be a screen name, but it gets discouraging and confusing to read a dozen Anonymous comments.
- Please give constructive criticism and be respectful. If a logline catches your attention, try to point out why (exciting stakes, interesting story, etc). If a logline doesn’t work for you, again, explain why (don’t know the stakes, don’t understand the plot, etc).
- Critiquees (it’s a word now) – please do not respond to the critiques unless you are asked a specific question.
- Have fun and learn! I find critiques are the one of the best ways to learn what works and what doesn’t.
Ok, I think that’s it for rules.
Just one more note for everyone: I’ve done my best to loosen up my comment protection, but I’m not sure if I still need to approve your first comments. I’ll be staying pretty close to the computer, but I can’t promise I’ll be there all day (I am on vacation :D). If a few hours have gone by and your comments aren’t appearing, use the Contact Me form to send me a head’s up or Tweet at me. Same thing if you notice someone spamming the comments, or doing anything else not fun. I’ll do my best to take care of it ASAP (as soon as I’m done eating, sleeping, or whatever else has pulled me away).
Go forth and critique!
P.S. A thousand apologies if you subscribe to this blog and just got 42 emails. I can’t seem to figure out how to fix that.