Between nursing sick kids and frantically getting ready for my sons’ birthday party this weekend, I’m running short on time this week, so I’m going to keep my post short and sweet. As you all know, I’ve been wrapped up in the revision of my MG Fantasy for almost two months now. In fact, it’s possible I’ve become a little too involved with this revision. I give you:
The Top 5 Signs You’re Spending Too Much Time on Your Book:
5. You subconsciously buy flowers that match your revision tools. (Yay orange!)
4. You start actually believing the philosophy of your invented famous historical philosopher.
3. You’re surprised to see a snowstorm out your window when there should obviously be a raging sandstorm.
2. You start using the made up swears in your book. (For Ashe’s sake!)
1. You start craving the food you invented. Mmm…rhejberry keshli. (When this revision is over I am so making up a recipe for these bad boys. Honey-coated pastries filled with berries and goat cheese; no wonder I’m craving them. Yum!)
So, there you have it. Have you ever been so involved in writing you’ve lost track of where you actually are? Tell me about it in the comments.